There are many people who offer "free advice" on which investments to purchase. But there is more to your financial life than your RRSP, income & estate taxes and education funds for your children. In reality, there are many complex aspects of your overall financial picture.
Personal financial planning services in SE Edmonton emphasizes you as an individual – it brings together all the factors (financial and psychological) that impact your life.
A properly planned financial strategy will help you achieve your personal financial goals and objectives, while also giving you a greater feeling of security.
There are many who call themselves "financial advisors", but the true financial planning professional uses the "Complete Financial Needs Analysis Process", which is made up of 6 separate steps:
- First, your financial planner should help you illuminate your current financial situation by gathering and assessing all pertinent financial information. This includes your assets and liabilities, past tax returns, any records of securities transactions, insurance policies, and your current wills and pension plans.
- Next, the financial planner should help you to figure out your personal and financial goals and objectives. He or she should also help you to clarify your current financial and personal values and attitudes.
- Step 3 involved helping you to identify financial problems that can create barriers to your financial independence. These could include things like: changes in your work situation – either now, or changes that could happen in the future, changes in your mortgage, or home situation, or even changing education plans brought on by your children.
- The financial planner should then be able to provide you with his or her written recommendations and with solutions to help achieve your goals. These recommendations and solutions should be designed to satisfy your needs without placing unnecessary emphasis on acquiring specific investment products.
- In step 5, a financial planner should assist you with the implementation of the right strategy to help make sure that you achieve your goals and objectives.
- Finally, he or she should provide a review of your strategy and suggest any revisions, if needed, to ensure that you are on track to reaching your goals.
How To Know if You Require a Financial Advisor?
There are many reasons for Financial Planning in SE Edmonton. If you are still unsure if you need a financial advisor, ask yourself these questions. The answers may help you decide if you should seek professional financial advice:
- Do you honestly believe that you have the time to attend to your personal financial affairs?
- Do you get confused about contradictory financial advice from different sources?
- Do you believe that you could be paying less tax?
- Are you unsure about where to invest your money?
- Do you feel that you can't always make ends meet?
- Do you feel that you are unable to save money?
- Has there been a recent change in your life that could affect your financial future, such as retirement, job loss, an inheritance, an addition to your family, or loss of your spouse?
If you have answered yes to any of these questions, then you need to contact our office. We will give you the information you need to make smart, informed decisions about your long term financial strategy.